Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Results are In

Yeah it sure sucks to be me right now, but I mean that in the nicest way. Isn't that what we are taught, to be nice at all costs? Even to ourselves.

Well here is the black and white of it. My core biopsy results show -Invasive ductal carcinoma, grade III/III. What does that mean? Simply put, as it was put to me is that I have 1. an invasive meaning it plans on screwing me by infiltrating wherever it can 2. That it is indeed cancer (no duh) 3. grade III (3) means it is the most aggressive. I will spare the GROSS details, because it is well uhhh GROSS!

The surgeon was a lot better today with me than she has been. Told me what she plans. A lumpectomy (good news) at least I get to keep my precious body part, and then she let the shoe drop on the lymp node thingy. She wants to take my nodes, and I want her to be conservative on that because I have no desire to go around with balloon arms. I asked how many, she said she didn't know. I asked how? and she said they inject blue intrferon dye and where the dye goes so does the node. Sounds like a soap, well never mind my sic humor again. I ended up telling her I would get back to her. She was like what do you mean get back to me? I simply have to think about this, get it through my head and then I can do it. I am in no big rush, I think a few days really won't matter at this point. I will decide between now and Friday, if she will be doing it or another doctor and what his opinion is.

I can also expect chemo and radiation oh joy just what I want a bunch of poison to kill the poisonous monster within. Gadzeeks I am dramatic! Hey maybe I will get a hat that says Chemo Girl! or RadWoman.

Well enough of this I have things to do! Got to make something, call a few people, and plan tomorrow with my youngest daughter and her lovely little angels.

No comments: